How the Society is Responding to COVID-19—UPDATE.
Message updated September 24, 2021
Alberta’s Restriction Exemption Program and the Society
The Calgary Horticultural Society is participating in the Government of Alberta’s Restriction Exemption Program.
To enter the in-person program facility, participants are required to have one of the following:
- Proof of vaccination.
- Proof of a privately paid negative PCR or rapid test within 72 hours of service.
Programs at the Society
The office is open for telephone assistance, contactless pick ups, and scheduled appointments.
We are continuing to offer programs online.
The Society follows the current public health requirements for our in-person indoor and outdoor programs.
Social distancing and hygiene measures for these programs:
- Limiting class size.
- Seating students 2 m apart; arranging the furniture to support this distancing protocol.
- Cleaning the tables before the start of each class.
- Conducting identification walks (in class and optional) in small groups. Spacing will be maintained by taking turns viewing the plants up close.
- Wearing a mask when required by the City of Calgary bylaw and encouraging the wearing of a mask when not required by the bylaw (students are required to bring their own mask).
- Providing hand sanitizer for in class use.
The safety and well-being of our volunteers, staff, members, and program participants is important to us. The Society is following all public health orders and City bylaws and regulations to make participation in the program as safe as possible. While the Society will do its best to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus, registrants must recognize that participation is not risk free, that their well-being is their responsibility, and that they cannot hold the Society responsible if they become ill.
Participants must wear a mask when required by the City bylaw. Participants are responsible for bringing their own mask. If a participant feels ill, he or she must stay home. A refund will be provided to participants who cancel for health reasons.
The Society reserves the right to modify the presentation format of any program (including cancelling it), at any time, to ensure the safety of all participants. If the Society cancels a program, registrants will be reimbursed.