City Compost Program for 2022
The City of Calgary is offering up to 10 cubic yards of Screened Category A compost to all community gardens in Calgary that can be used as a soil amendment for vegetable and flower beds. Please note this is separate from compost giveaway events for residents.
If your community garden is interested, call 311 for a application form. You can download the form posted here community gardens compost request form. Email form to both contacts on the request form.
Once the application has been approved, a pick up will need to be scheduled. Organizations are responsible for arranging a transport vehicle to pick up the compost from one of the following locations:
- East Calgary Waste Management Facility at 3030 68 Street SE
- Spyhill Waste Management Facility at 11808 69 Street NW
- Compost is loose, no bags or totes will be provided.
- Limited quantities of compost are available.
- Pickup location will be assigned by a City representative.
- Organizations picking up small volumes of compost in personal cars, trucks, or trailers will need to bring their own shovels, containers, and tarps for loading purposes. Loads must be covered.
- Organizations picking up large volumes of compost can contract a tandem truck and request that The City of Calgary staff use a Wheeled-Loader or Skid Steer to load the compost.