The Member Talk season runs from September to June. As we are approaching the end of the 2022-23 season, we’d like some feedback to help with our planning for the 2023-24 season.
For the past few years, all Member Talks have been offered online using the Zoom platform. However, the Society is offering more in-person events. Should Member Talks be one of the Society’s in-person programs?
Some of the benefits of hosting Member Talks online are:
- Members can attend without leaving home (no night or bad weather driving).
- Speakers can live outside of Calgary (no travel limitations or costs).
- Renting a hall is not required.
- Session can be recorded for later viewing.
- 500 members can participate.
Some of the benefits of hosting in-person Member Talks
- Gatherings provide member-to-member engagements.
- Personal digital devices are not required.
- Members can meet representatives of the Society board and staff.
- The speaker can be asked questions directly.
Let us know your preferences.
About Scheduling Member Talks
Member Talks are usually held on the first Thursday of the month from 7:00 to 8:30 pm: October, November, December, February, March, April, May, and June (unless there is a large event held close to the Member Talk date, February when a Think Spring! Event is held, for example). The September Member Talk is held with the Annual General Meeting.