Individuals / Students / Seniors (65+)
An Affiliate membership is available to garden- or environment-related associations or non-profit organizations. Affiliates have:
- The opportunity to advertise in our e-magazine, Calgary Gardening including one FREE ad per year (business card)
- Cross-promotion of your gardening event through our Social media
- The opportunity to reserve a discounted booth at our annual Garden Show
- The opportunity to display your brochures at our office
- A link from our website to yours
For your annual membership we offer:
- A free ½ page advertisement, in an issue of your choice, in Calgary Gardening our member magazine. (We have almost 4,000 members.)
- 10% off your advertising in the other 7 issues.
- Your logo or name on our “Friends of the Society” webpage. This promotion is in addition to your listing in our online Friends of the Society directory and Friends of the Society page in Calgary Gardening.
- “Get to Know Our Corporate Members” article featuring your business on our Society Bulletin webpage.*
- Promotion of “Get to Know” on social media.
- Inclusion of a “Get to Know” segment in our e-news which is e-mailed to 6,500 subscribers.
- Recognition with signage at Society’s office.
- Actively share any posts that tag the Society.
- Advertise through the website and social media channels any special promotions for Society members.
- 10% off early bird price for a Society Garden Show booth (early bird deadline applies), along with a choice of available booths.
- Up to four membership cards (in your company’s name).
- A maximum of four discounted registrations for our workshops.
*The Corporate Member will need to provide a 100 to 500-word description about the business. This information is subject to editing and will be used to create the “Get to Know” articles and posts.
For Corporate Members with a retail location:
- Opportunity to host a “Get to Know your Garden Centre/Plant Store/Landscape Supply Store” event in partnership with the City of Calgary and the Calgary Horticultural Society, as part of the Yardsmart water-wise program. This event includes a small display featuring your Garden Centre’s stock of water-wise plants, as well as information about materials and landscaping designs that help reduce water usage.
- Opportunity to host Society Workshops (run entirely by the Society), which focuses on greens and products purchased at the retail location.
- Opportunity to host special “Members Night” with special sales and social event.
We also encourage our Corporate members to consider special offers for our Members. Here are some examples—which we promote:
- Discounts at time of purchase (10% to 15%)
- Offer of a free service with purchase
- Percentage of each purchase is donated back to the Society
- Free Consultation
- Special events/sales exclusive for Society Members
Gift of Membership
A gift membership to the Calgary Horticultural Society is a great way to share the joys of gardening.
A gift membership is a wonderful way to say Thank You, Happy Birthday, Happy Mother’s Day, or Happy Father’s Day, or to celebrate other occasions throughout the seasons.
Shush…it’s a Secret!
If you would like to keep the membership purchase a secret, stop by the office or call 403.287.3469, and state that you’d like to keep the purchase a secret until after the special occasion. Recipients of gift memberships purchased online automatically receive an email notification once the purchase is processed.
Enhance your gift with a gift card to one of our many discounters, or use your membership card to purchase gloves, seeds, trowel, pruners or a pot to go along with the membership gift. Add a copy of the Society’s Gardening Journal. A membership paired with a good wine is always welcomed, too!
Garden centres are great places to do your gift shopping!