Become a Member
Individuals / Students / Seniors (65+)
To learn about member benefits, visit the “Why Join?” page.
Use a link below for fee information and to apply for and purchase a membership for yourself.
Give the Gift of Membership
A gift membership to the Calgary Horticultural Society is a great way to share the joys of gardening.
A gift membership is a wonderful way to say Thank You, Happy Birthday, Happy Mother’s Day, or Happy Father’s Day, or to celebrate other occasions throughout the seasons.
Shush…it’s a Secret!
If you would like to keep the membership purchase a secret, call the office 403.287.3469, and state that you’d like to keep the purchase a secret until after the special occasion. Recipients of gift memberships purchased online automatically receive an email notification once the purchase is processed.
Enhance your gift with a gift card to one of our many discounters, or use your membership card to purchase gloves, seeds, trowel, pruners or a pot to go along with the membership gift. Add a copy of the Society’s Gardening Journal. A membership paired with a good wine is always welcomed, too!
Garden centres are great places to do your gift shopping!
Use a link below for fee information and to apply for and purchase a membership for a friend or relative.
An Affiliate membership is available to garden- or environment-related associations or non-profit organizations. Affiliates have:
- The opportunity to advertise in our e-magazine, Calgary Gardening including one FREE ad per year (business card)
- Cross-promotion of your gardening event through our Social media
- The opportunity to reserve a discounted booth at our annual Garden Show
- The opportunity to display your brochures at our office
- A link from our website to yours
For your annual membership we offer:
- A free ½ page advertisement, in an issue of your choice, in Calgary Gardening, our magazine with a circulation of almost 3,500 members
- 10% off your advertising if you advertise in the other 7 issues of Calgary Gardening
- Your name published on the “Friends of the Society” page in 8 issues of Calgary Gardening
- Your listing with a brief paragraph about your business appears in the “Friends of the Society” directory
- Advertise through Friends of the Society directory any special promotions for Society members
- In addition, your name or logo visible on our “Friends of the Society” webpage
- Access to website resources in the Members Only area, including online issues of our Calgary Gardening in the magazine library
- Actively share social media posts that tag the Society (Facebook: @calhort, Instagram: @calgaryhorticulturalsociety, Twitter: @YYCGardening)
- Up to four membership cards in the company’s name to attend Member Talks, events, and receive member discounts, and
- Up to four registrations for your employees to attend classes, talks, and workshops at the member price.
For Corporate Members with a retail location:
- Opportunity to host special “Members Night” with special sales and social event.
- Opportunity to host a “Get to Know your Garden Centre/Plant Store/Landscape Supply Store” event in partnership with the City of Calgary and the Calgary Horticultural Society, as part of the YardSmart water-wise program. This event includes a small display featuring your garden centre’s stock of water-wise plants, as well as information about materials and landscaping designs that help reduce water usage.
We also encourage our Corporate members to consider special offers for our Members. Here are some examples—which we promote:
- Discounts at time of purchase (10% to 15%)
(Businesses that provide a discount are listed on the Shopping Discounts page in Calgary Gardening)
- Offer of a free service with purchase (consultation or product)
- Percentage of each purchase is donated back to the Society
- Free Consultation