Use the link below for fee information and to apply for and purchase a corporate membership for your business.
For your annual membership we offer:
- A free ½ page advertisement, in an issue of your choice, in Calgary Gardening, our magazine with a circulation of almost 3,500 members
- 15% off your paid advertising in Calgary Gardening
- Your name published on the “Friends of the Society” page in eight issues of Calgary Gardening
- Your name, logo, and business profile are visible in our “Friends of the Society” directory
- Advertise through the Friends of the Society directory any special promotions for Society members
- In addition, your name or logo visible on our “Friends of the Society” webpage
- Access to website resources in the Members Only area, including online issues of our Calgary Gardening in the magazine library
- Share social media posts that tag the Society (Facebook: @calhort, Instagram: @calgaryhorticulturalsociety, Twitter: @YYCGardening)
- Up to four membership cards in the company’s name to attend Member Talks, events, and receive member discounts, and
- Educate and reward your employees to attend classes, talks, and workshops at the member price.
A variety of engagement opportunities are available to you!
- Host special “Members Night” with special sales and social event.
- Host a Society class or workshop at your location
- Host a “Get to Know your Garden Centre/Plant Store/Landscape Supply Store” event in partnership with the City of Calgary and the Calgary Horticultural Society, as part of the YardSmart water-wise program. This event includes a small display featuring your garden centre’s stock of water-wise plants, as well as information about materials and landscaping designs that help reduce water usage.
We also encourage our corporate members to consider special offers for our members. Here are some examples—which we promote:
- Discounts at time of purchase (10% to 15%)
(Businesses that provide a discount are listed on the Membership = Savings page in Calgary Gardening)
- Offer of a free service with purchase (consultation or product)
- Be part of our Working Together—Give Back Program whereby a percentage of each purchase is donated back to the Society
- Free Consultation
Support us with a donation
Help keep us growing! Each and every donation directly supports us in our service and program delivery. The Society is a registered Canadian charity (# 118823624RR0001). Donations of $20 or more made by phone (403.287.3469), mail, or at the office will receive a charitable tax receipt from the Calgary Horticultural Society. When donations are made through the online ATB Cares portal, automatic tax receipts are issued. When the online portal is used, ATB Cares provides matching support as well.