Communicating with Neighbours
Make sure there are ways for all residents to follow the
community garden's progress.
1. Answering messages from a general email address set up for
the community garden.
2. Maintaining a blog for the garden with a link to community
association web site.
3. Sending in community garden news updates for the community
4. Posting info at the garden site in several languages
spoken in the neighbourhood on how to join the garden and how much
it costs to rent a garden space
5. Offering to speak to local service clubs about the
garden. They have a mandate to serve the community and may be
able to give volunteer labour and/or financial support.
6. Distributing notices of upcoming gardeners' meetings.
7. Inviting neighbourhood residents to an Open Garden
8. Updating garden profile information for the Find a Garden
database on the Calgary Horticultural Society web site.