Bring nature indoors and create your own tiny, tropical
wide, clear, lidded container (check local hobby store)
activated carbon (sold at pet stores)
stones, moss, and small plants
- Cover the bottom of your container
with an inch of pebbles.
- Add a layer of activated carbon to
curb any earthy odors, then top it with 3 inches of soil.
- Arrange the stones, moss, and plants
to make a garden.
- Mist the terrarium with water until
the soil is moist but not wet. Add
decorations, if you like, then close the lid. If the container
becomes cloudy, remove the top to let excess moisture evaporate.
Mist the terrarium lightly if the soil starts to dry out.
- Use tiny ivies, palms, pilea, and African violets from a local
This idea is from Disney's Family Fun Website - click here to check